Faithful Blogger

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Prayerful Teaching is Ceaseless Prayer

Pray without ceasing
                        1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NASB)

Prayer

How fortunate am I to be called to a vocation that allows me to pray without ceasing, encourages me to honor and glorify my Father with each action I take, and permits me to be forever in prayer as I engage in my earthly calling.   I offer up to you, Lord, this day that I will spend with your precious children.  May every action and activity I engage in today lead me to experience You more fully, love You more perfectly, and journey closer to You.  May I lead my students to you as I serve You in the joyful spirit of prayer.

The Actions of Prayerful Teaching

  • Offer up the day or a part of the day as a prayer for one of your students.  In about a month or so each of your students would receive this powerful prayer.


  • Say the simple, silent prayer, “Thank you, Lord” after a successful lesson, activity, or class achievement.  This is true even if just one student experienced a victory.


  • Remind yourself you are a servant of God and have been chosen to carry on a sacred mission in partnership with prayer.  Especially remind yourself of your mission if teaching seems more drudgery than joy.  Recall one or more recent successes. 


  • Seize a moment to take a proverbial deep breath and ask the Lord for patience and guidance when feeling impatient or exasperated,.  This takes but a second and can rescue you from a sudden fall into despair.


  • Celebrate daily.  Nothing is too small to celebrate with prayer and thanksgiving.


Challenge of the Week

Designate an hour during the day.  Make it a point during that hour to concentrate on ceaseless prayer.  Some examples:

            During moments of success, “Thank you Lord.”
           
            During moments of stress, “Lord, guide me.”

            During moments of laughter, “Thank you, Lord, for the joy in my work.”

During moments of impatience, “Lord, let me find You in (Name of student).”

Blessings and Prayerful Teaching,


Elizabeth A. Wink

No comments:

Post a Comment